We believe every organization should do everything it can to strengthen the communities in which it does business.
Each year, Kovitz Shifrin Nesbit’s Community Involvement Committee coordinates several outreach programs. Our team members donate their time and efforts to make a difference.
Examples of current and past initiatives:
- KSN employees donated over 1200 books towards Bernie's Book Bank: 2018 Battle of the Books. The book drive is a friendly competition along law firms to collect the most books for at-risk Chicagoland children.
- Sponsorship of JDRF Rock the Cure Chicago; an event to help fund research projects and clinical trials to cure type 1 diabetes.
- Sponsorship of the Gardeeners Growing Healthy Futures Gala; a group that empowers students in underserved Chicago communities to connect with healthy food through experiential, garden-based learning.
- KSN employees donated more than 240 items to 30 families items during the 2015 holiday season to Home of the Sparrow; a non-profit organization that provides transitional shelter and supportive services to homeless women and children in McHenry and Northern Illinois.
- Food and supplies drive for victims of the April 2015 northern Illinois tornado.
- KSN Giving Tree Program has donated gifts to families living in nearby shelters.
- Arts and crafts activity packets for the patients at Children's Memorial Hospital.
- Participation in Race Judicata; a walk/run organized by Chicago Volunteer Legal Services to benefit legal aid in Chicagoland.
- Blood drives in partnership with Hamilton Partners and LifeSource.
- Food drives for A Safe Place (Law County Crisis Center) and the Wheeling Food Pantry.
- Pet food and supplies collections benefiting the Buddy Foundation; a local non-profit that cares for shelter animals.
- Internship partnership with Chicago Lights; 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization serving Chicago Lights. They provide supportive relationships and diverse programs, empowering people to thrive academically, secure economic stability, lead healthy lives, and build community.
These are just few of our community involvement initiatives. To learn more, or suggest new avenues for community involvement, please contact us.